Abhijeet Bhattacharya Indian Singer Informantion :
Abhijeet Bhattacharya, better known as Abhijeet, is a Bollywood playback singer born to a Kanpur-based Bengali businessman turned editor Dhirendranath Bhattacharya, and his wife Kamladevi Bhattacharya in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. Abhijeet was the youngest among the four sons in the family. He married a fashion designer Sumati Bhattacharya in 1990 and has two sons Dhruv Abhijeet Bhattacharya and Jai Abhijeet Bhattacharya. Abhijeet Bhattacharya has sung 6034 songs in over 1000 films.
He has sung many Hindi songs. His songs include work from the film Baaghi, composed by Anand-Milind. The songs Ek Chanchal Shokh Hasina, Chandni Raat Hai and Har Kasam Se Badi Hai were featured in this movie. This was followed by several chartbusters from movies such as Khiladi and Shola Aur Shabnam, both of which were also box office hits. Then in 1994, he performed for movies such as Yeh Dillagi, Anjaam, Raja Babu and Main Khiladi Tu Anari. In 1997, he won the Filmfare Best Playback Singer Award for the song Main Koi Aisi Geet Gaoon from Yes Boss. Other movies he sang in include Baadshah, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Josh, Dhadkan, Raaz, Tum Bin, Chalte Chalte and Main Hoon Na among many others.
Abhijeet voiced a number of songs picturized on Shah Rukh Khan in his films which include but not limited to Asoka, Duplicate and Om Shanti Om. However, due to the disappointment of being listed last of the singers in the end credits of Main Hoon Na and again in Om Shanti Om, they parted ways. Abhijeet last sang for Shah Rukh Khan in the movie Billu Barber for the song Khudaya Khair which was their last collaboration. The song was not picturized because of Abhijeet’s insistence on not filming his version of the song. Therefore, another version was created for picturization.
|Real Name||Abhijeet Bhattacharya|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Date of Birth||30 October 1958|
|Age (as in 2018)||60 Years|
|Birth Place||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||Ramakrishna Mission Higher Secondary School, Kanpur
BNSD Inter College Chunni Ganj, Kanpur
|College||Christ Church College, Kanpur|
|Educational Qualifications||Graduate (B.Com.)|
|Debut||Sung 2 songs (Wadon Ki Sham Hai, Nasha Hai Mujhe Bhi) for the film Anand Aur Anand (1984)|
|Family||Father– Not Known
Mother– Not Known
Sister– Not Known
Brother– 3 Brothers (Elder)
|Address||Bungalow in Mumbai named “Sunny Vistas”|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes: Not Known
Dislikes: People form Pakistan working in India, to work with new comers.
|Controversies||• He parted away from Shahrukh Khan and said he’ll never sing a song for Shahrukh Khan as Shahrukh doesn’t give him the attention he deserves.
• A FIR was lodged against him after a 34-year-old women accused him of molesting her at Durga Pooja Pandal. Abhijeet denied all the charges.
• He made a controversial tweet on Twitter regarding the hit & run case of Salman Khan.
- Does Abhijeet smoke?: No
- Does Abhijeet drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He started singing on stage from the age of 13.
- His ancestral background is from West Bengal this is why he is also called Dada.
- He was brought up in a middle-class family.
- He came to Mumbai in 1981 to peruse his higher studies in Chartered Accountancy but then he decided to shift his career and become a professional singer.
- Despite of being a talented singer, Abhijeet had to struggle a lot before getting singing projects, he went back to Kanpur many times leaving everything but later came back to try his luck again.
- He was discovered by the all time greatest composer, R.D. Burman.
- He received a call from R.D. Burman when he was packing his bags to go home. That was when his singing career started.
- His idol is Kishore Kumar, he tried to copy his singing style when he was young.
- He is also considered as voice of Shahrukh Khan as Abhijeet has sung many famous songs which featured Shahrukh Khan.
- He has sung songs in more than 15 different languages.