Ritviz Srivastava is an Indian artist lyricist, electronic artist and record maker from Pune, Maharashtra, India. He is known for his tune “Udd Gaye” highlighted on A.I.B’s. official YouTube channel in the wake of turning into the champ of the 2017 Bacardi House Party Sessions, an ability chase rivalry coordinated by A.I.B.
Ritviz is a Pune (IN) based 22-year-old DJ, singer and Hindustani dance music producer. His music is bass heavy, and rich in eastern sounds owing to his training as a Hindustani classical musician since the age of 7. His most recent and by far best body of original work, a 4 track EP titled “YUV” was released as a free download in June 2016 and has crossed over a 100,000 streams in less than 10 months.
Ritviz started his career in 2013 and released his debut EP ‘Vizdumb’ on UK’s Relentik Records in 2014. In 2015, he released ‘Mukti’ a single that was signed to and released by High Chai Recordings – the US-based global bass music label. Since the release of YUV last year, he has received major support and appreciation from top Indian bass music producers including the likes of Nucleya, Su Real and SickFlip.
2017 will see him release his next piece of original work, which will be supported with a nationwide tour of clubs, festivals and college events.
|Full Name||Ritviz Srivastava|
|Profession||Music Producer, DJ, and Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Hair Colour||Black (dyed Red, Blonde)|
|Debut||EP: Vizdumb (2014)|
|Date of Birth||1997|
|Age (as in 2020)||23 Years|
|Educational Qualification||10th Pass|
|Hobbies||He likes cooking, travelling, and listening to music|
|Controversies||• In 2020, through his twitter post, he accused the makers of the Bollywood film “Pati Patni Aur Woh” (2019) of plagiarism; the music of his song ‘Udd Gaye’ is strikingly similar to the film’s song ‘Udd Gaye.’|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Pranay Prasoon (Drum Player)
Mother– Anvita Bharti (Singer)
|Food||Baigan Ka Bharta, Dal Chawal|
|DJ||Major Lazor, Diplo|
|Music Composer||A. R. Rahman|
|Travel Destination(s)||Goa, Australia, Sydney, Melbourne|
|Bike Collection||He owns a scooter.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ritviz
- At the age of six, he started training in Khayal under his mother. Later, he was trained by Uday Bhawalkar in Drupad.
- He composed his first song at the age of ten.
- During his teens, he was introduced western music through the VH1 channel. Being influenced by western music, he started fusing hip hop and pop music in his classical songs.
- He decided to make his own music at the age of 15. He dropped out of his school at the age of 17 and began working on his music.
- In 2015, he was contacted by High Chai Recordings (a US-based global bass music label) and they released his track- ‘Mukti’ through their label.
- In 2017, he won the Bacardi HouseParty Sessions. Talking about his win, he said,
I wasn’t expecting any of it. While sending the application to Bacardi House Party guys it was one of those ‘lets-see-what-happens’ kind of a situation. Even after winning the session, I wasn’t expecting the kind of overwhelming response I received from the public”
- His single- ‘Udd gye’ was handpicked by AIB and got released with AIB’s music video ft. DJ Nucleya.
- Few of his hit songs include Barso, Jeet, Liggi, Chalo Chalein, Ved, and Thandi Hawa.
- In 2019, he remixed one of the songs of Major Lazor ‘Light It Up.’ Talking about it, he said,
They reached out to us around Diwali and I was like “hell yeah man”! I finished the remix like in a day, I was very excited. Yeah, they loved it. I haven’t met the three of them but it would be cool to meet them in person.”
- He is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog.