Jitendra Joshi is an Indian actor and reality show host who predominantly works in Marathi cinema. He starred as constable Katekar in the hit Netflix television series Sacred Games.
Joshi also wrote the popular song Kombdi Palali, which was later remixed as Chikni Chameli. He got his first recognition from the Zee Marathi daily soap Hassa Chakatafu where he played Krishna. In 2011, he hosted Marathi Paaul Padte Pudhe, a talent reality show on the Zee Marathi. In Marathi he played title role of Sant Tukaram in Tukaram (film released in 2012) and a comic role in Guldasta. Not only as a hero, but he has also appeared as Sai, a villain character in the film Duniyadari (2013). In 2016, he co-starred in the critically acclaimed dramedy Ventilator, which was produced by Priyanka Chopra. His performance in the film was widely praised. In 2018, he starred in the Netflix Original Series Sacred Games alongside Saif Ali Khan where he played the role of constable Katekar.
|Real Name||Jitendra Joshi|
|Nickname(s)||Jitu Dada, Jitya|
|Profession(s)||Marathi Theater Artist, Actor, Host, Writer|
|Famous Role||Playing ‘Constable Katekar’ in the Netflix ‘Sacred Games’|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 173 cm
in meters– 1.73 m
in feet inches– 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 85 kg
in pounds– 185 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||27 January 1978|
|Age (as in 2018)||40 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|College/University||• Vidya Prasarak Mandal’s Polytechnic, Thane
• D.Y. Patil Arts, Commerce & Science College, Pune
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Diploma In Polytechnic from Vidya Prasarak Mandal’s Polytechnic, Thane
• Masters of Engineering Management
|Hobbies||Writing Poems, Reading, Watching Movies, Listening to Music, Photography|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||September 1, 2009|
|Favourite Director(s)||Vikramaditya Motwane, Anurag Kashyap|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Dilip Kumar, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Subodh Bhave, Lokesh Vijay Gupte|
|Favourite Food(s)||Shami Kebab, Chicken Biryani|
|Favourite Destination(s)||New York, London|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jitendra Joshi
- Does Jitendra Joshi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Jitendra Joshi drink alcohol?: Yes
- Jitendra was born into an economically backward family. His journey started as a newspaper distributor, and he went on to work as an electrician (in his teenage), writer; eventually, becoming an actor.
- He is a recognized Marathi theatre artist and has done plays like ‘Hum To Tere Aashiq Hain’, ‘Prem Naam Hai Mera… Prem Chopra’, ‘Don Special’, ‘Chhel Chhabilo Gujarati’, etc.
- Once Jitendra was performing a play when the Marathi actor, Mohan Wagh, noticed him, he was so impressed by his acting that he offered Shinde to work with him in his play, Three Cheers. That’s how Jitendra landed in Mumbai.
- He is known for essaying different characters including that of a hero, villain, and comedian in many films.
- He has penned down the famous song “Kombdi Palali,” which was composed by Ajay Atul. It might take few by surprise that the famous item song, ‘Chikani Chameli’ was inspired by the tune of this song.